Hi, I’m Rebecca. I am really glad you stopped by my little corner of cyberspace. Welcome.
I’m in the later part of my mid-thirties – okay, I’m almost the big 4.0! I’m married to a great guy and have a young daughter. I’m not insta-famous except to a small group of friends. I have a fulfilling day job, rich relationships and too many shoes.
You see, I’m fairly normal.
I’m also whole and healthy. But that hasn’t always been the case…
About The Hope Exchange
Life got messy in my twenties thanks to a combination of poor decisions and circumstance.
What could have quite literally ended me has now become a treasure trove of lessons, insights and hope.
When I relay my story, people find it hard to believe since my life reflects nothing of the train wreck it once was.
My life and its complete transformation can offer hope to those whose lives and situations feel hopeless.
Why? Because I’ve lived it.
Through writing openly about my past, as well as exploring the continuous lessons life throws my way, I want to build a community of hope in this little corner of the internet.
I disclose that I am a Christian and my faith in Jesus will flavor my views and the topics this blog explores.
My heart for The Hope Exchange is that it will be a safe place to explore with you what it looks like to live with increasing hope, purpose and wisdom; all in equal measure.
I want The Hope Exchange to be a place for REAL WOMEN doing REAL LIFE to be encouraged and championed, coupled with a bit of spice and everything nice.
I hope as you read this blog, you feel encouraged and affirmed in your walk through this crazy, unpredictable, but often brilliant, life we get to live.
A few things to note
- All content and original photographs shared on this blog are owned by The Hope Exchange or Jo-Anne Danes Photography, unless otherwise stated.
- All views and opinions expressed are just that, and while they may differ to yours, please be respectful in your comments.
- I am a Christian and the views and opinions of this site will reflect this. This is not the place for a theological debate.
- I am not a professional counselor! I write about my life experience and therefore the content on this site should not be taken as professional advice.
- Please do not use The Hope Exchange’s original images, logo or banners without my written consent.
- Pinning The Hope Exchanges images to Pinterest is fine, provided you link back to The Hope Exchange as the original source.
- On the odd occasion I may do sponsored posts or reviews for which I may receive payment. I will always let you know if that is the case.
- I hope it goes without saying, but this is a positive and hope-filled space on the internet. Hateful and abusive comments towards myself or others will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
Profile pictures and original images courtesy of Jo-Anne Danes Photography.